13.2.10

The Birth and Death of the Day

I wrote this as a response to the song "The Birth and Death of the Day" by Explosions in the Sky. Whenever I hear that song it's like an entire universe explodes in my mind, and I can see so many things. This is a very uplifting and emotional song. I decided to write down what i felt, or heard or saw as the song progressed. As you can see I embedded the song here so when you read this please listen and try to see where you can put the words with the music. That is my goal. To translate what I experience when i hear this, to you. :] Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________

a whisper of change

the firmament
the seas
the explosion of light
the dawn of the day is creeping
the earth takes form
the beginning of life

i see a peace
through the blades of grass
i see the harmony begin

i hear the wind in the birds wings
i hear the rushing waters

the chain expands
the circle of life spins

but where is the master?
he is above and within
glorying in his creation
he is singing with the process

stepping back to see one missing piece

a handfull of dust
formed to a likeness
breathe
form
life sprung in perfection

and here we start
the spiral of life
twirling through the years
inventing and mastering the arts

beauty from everything
the master's handiwork continues to blossom
we reach a peak
at the brightest sun

fading into a blissful sleep
this is a new beginning

the means to an end
slowly mystery creeps

and yet the master knows
where is the need to mend

No comments:

Post a Comment