17.2.10

Psalm 145

"The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORDis good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."

Sometimes life isn't what you want it to be.
Sometimes people arent who you want them to be.
Sometimes you arent who you want to be.
But there is one who will ALWAYS be what you need and want.

Lately I've been having a really hard time letting go of things. Maybe it's because I grew up with a lot of hard-headed italians, or maybe it's because sadly, I have gone through things that I with I never have, and frankly, I have my insecurities. I'm not making a pity party for myself because there are definitely people who have had harder times, but this post isn't for my troubles, it's for my victories. Within the past couple of months, a lot of things have been slowly but surely happening to me.

I have been:
Feeling convicted - not guilty
Letting go - but not forgetting
Remembering - but only enough to remind me of who truly helped me through
Forgiving - even though it may not be deserved

Because, I don't deserve the life I have. No one does.
Not one person in this entire world deserves what they have, whether it be small or large.
Jesus is the only deserving one, and he loves us enough to pour out his grace and allow yet another chance.

I can't imagine what a disappointment I must have been at times, but I am beyond thankful that he waited just long enough for me to get back on track.

Today is the final step of realization as to who I want to be, and where I'm going.....in a sense.

I may not know what job I will have, or who I will marry, or when my life will really start.
But I do know that today is the day that the Lord has made, and I finally know how to fully show my appreciation for the simplicity of even waking up.

Tomorrow is the future, which I am  ever looking towards, but today is the most important day of my life.

and whenever today might be - it will always be the most important day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment